How To Become A Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
Once you have completed Imago Clinical Skills 2 you can become certified as an Imago Relationship Therapist. Certification will happen when you've met all of the requirements listed below.
Certified Imago Relationship Therapists can become full members of Imago UK, can call themselves Imago Relationship Therapists and have persmission to use the Imago logos on websites and promotional materials.
Certification will make you one of the few fully qualified couples therapists in the UK and you will attract more couples into your practice as a result.
- Full attendance at all 12 days of training (Imago Foundations, Imago Clinical Skills 1, Imago Clinical Skills 2)
- Attendance at a "Getting The Love You Want" couples workshop or "Finding and Keeping Love" individual workshop.
- Complete 6 sessions of supervision once you have completed your training.
- Submit a minimum of 4 videos of your clinical work with couples in supervision.
- Submit a video of a full Imago session with one couple for assessment once you have completed all other requirements.
- Support a "Getting The Love You Want" couples workshop after you have completed the training. Please note, you will need to find a workshop to support as Joanna and I don't run enough to allow every trainee to support.
- Be a member of a recognised professional counselling or psychotherapy body in the UK such as UKCP, BACP, NCS, BPS.
- Have professional Insurance.
- Submit a Clinical Member Agreement.
A 50 minute supervision session with me costs £85. There are other supervisors that you can work with to be certified. Find them on the Imago UK website.
You can have face to face or online supervision. If you choose face to face my address is:
The Affinity Centre
7A High Street
I have supervision spaces Wednesday to Friday.
My last session is 2pm.
Please book early as due to demand you may have to wait a few weeks before there is a slot available.